- Bullseye and Uroboros Glass
- Precision Castparts
- Jantzen Beach/Hayden Island
- View other air quality projects at DEQ’s Northwest Region website
What air concentration levels mean
The DEQ uses air quality goals called Ambient Benchmark Concentrations (ABCs) to evaluate emissions by manufacturers.
Benchmarks and health
- The ABCs are set at a level that would be expected to produce 1 additional case of cancer per 1,000,000 people, if people were exposed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, for 70 years.
- A concentration of emissions higher than an ABC does not necessarily mean that there is an immediate public health risk. However, readings above the ABC benchmark indicate more in-depth analysis is needed.
- Oregon’s benchmarks are stricter than federal standards.